From Random Projects
The flashrom source code will be available from:
$ svn co svn://flashrom.org/flashrom/trunk flashrom
- The programmer shall support LPC and FWH chips in PLCC32 packages and SPI chips in DIP8 packages.
- LPC/FWH: Support for A/A Mux mode or PP mode is not planned.
- The design is based on the ST STM32 microcontroller (ARM), which does USB and LPC/FWH via bitbanging.
- Firmware is written using libopenstm32.
- The board uses 1 or 2 layers (probably 2), and all parts are SMD. Resistors and capacitors are 0603.
- The schematics and layout files are done using gEDA/PCB.
- A software-controllable switch for powering or removing power from the chip is planned.
- A voltage regulator translates the 5V from USB to 3.3V, e.g. the LE33 (SO8) or a 3-pin one.
- A JTAG connector for flashing the SMT32 is planned (but also DFU support probably).
- Maybe serial will be available via pads (or even a connector), though this is optional.
- There will be a PLCC32 SMD socket and a DIP8 (SMD or DIP) socket for LPC/FWH and SPI chips.
- WP# and TBL# are tied to VCC (disabled), we don't want to prevent writes.
- ID0-ID3 are tied to GND, we don't support multiple FWH chips, so no need to select one of them.
- GPI0-GPI4 are tied to GND, we have no use for them.
- RST# and INIT# are tied together as they serve the same purpose.
- NC and RES (reserved) pins are left unconnected.
- IC is tied to GND, this pin selects A/A Mux mode, which we don't support.
- WP# is tied to VCC, we don't want to write-protect the SPI chip.
- HOLD# is tied to VCC, we don't need it.
- Most of this setup is based on Application note AN2586: STM32F10xxx hardware development: getting started.
- BOOT0 is tied to GND (so that we boot from flash). BOOT1 is not needed in this case, it can be used as GPIO.
- STM32F103x8/B datasheet (PDF)
- RM0008: Reference Manual: STM32F101xx, STM32F102xx, STM32F103xx, STM32F105xx and STM32F107xx advanced ARM-based 32-bit MCUs (PDF)
- Application note AN2586: STM32F10xxx hardware development: getting started (PDF)
- ARM Cortex M3 - Reference Manual r1p1 (PDF)
- Documents and files for family STM32 (ARM Cortex M3) - 32-bit Microcontrollers
Note: The list is unfinished!
|Quantity||Value||Device||Manufacturer||Digikey PN||Digikey price/EUR|
|1||—||PLCC32 SMD socket||TODO||TODO||TODO|
|1||—||DIP8 SMD socket||TODO||TODO||TODO|
|1||—||3.3V voltage regulator||TODO||TODO||TODO|