Here are some photos of a broken ASUS A6Ja laptop (or at least the PCB) which I got for literally 1 buck from a flea market. The board is definately dead, but maybe some chips are still OK, I'll desolder and salvage some of them. The laptop has an Intel 945 chipset and M38857M8 EC which makes it a somewhat interesting coreboot (open-source x86 firmware / BIOS) target.
Note: Photos also available in my respective flickr set.
- Socket: mPGA479M
- Northbridge: Intel 0682945PM SL8Z4 5546A457
- Southbridge: Intel NH82801GBM
- Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 1600 216PLAKB24FG N32872.00 0553AAY
- Embedded controller (EC): Renesas V2.14-04 M38857M8-A02HP 545A103
- BIOS chip: SST SST49LF004B
- Audio: Realtek ALC880 HD audio codec
- NIC: Realtek RTL8111B
- Combined Cardbus, SD, SDIO, MS, MSPro, xD and FireWire controller: Ricoh R5C841 5M5 EAQ
- DDR2 RAM: Infineon HYB18T256161AFL25 (8 of those)
- Modem: Motorola ML3054 V.92 AC'97/HDA DF (chips on the module: MOT 3054, SI3018-FS)
- Taimag IH-035 0548